Monday, March 24, 2014

Don't take it for granite

I forgot to post this a couple of weeks ago.  Mom was in town so it was fun that she got to help with my granite selection. First we went to the installer's boneyard and picked out scrap peices for the basement and bathrooms.  Cannon stayed home from school that day so he got to pick the granite for the boys bathroom, it's a deep green color.  The girls room is a gorgeous creamy marble.  Our master bedroom is a pretty solid travertine.  Next we went to Arizona tile to choose our granite slabs.  I was hoping to find something very neutral that almost mimicked Carrera marble with white, cream, grey, black, and brown in it, I also didn't want it to be super busy.  The first day we found about 5 styles we sort of liked but nothing totally fit the bill; the were either too pink or too gold.  We went back a few days later and there it was, the most beautiful creamy white slab ever!  It's called White Ice, it was exactly what I was looking for.  Unfortunately that particular slab was already spoken for but they had another one that I think will work great.  It's a little busier than I wanted but the colors are perfect! It reminds me of being in an airplane looking out the window and seeing a little of the Earth below through billows of creamy clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment